Friday, February 3, 2012

Lounge makeover complete

So I finally talked myself into tackling the two-seater lounge that I've been putting off for a while. The re-covering isn't too bad - it's removing all those pesky staples beforehand that's the problem. Anyway... I think you'll agree that it looks much more modern now. The photos aren't the best but I didn't want to put off showing you any longer!
Would you believe that I ran out of fabric with one seat cushion to go (I obviously didn't do my sums very well). When I went to buy more it turned out the fabric had been discontinued and there was no longer any left on the roll in the shop! You can imagine how delighted I was when they rang me the next day after finding a remnant out the back.... phew! I thought I was going to have to start over again.

I couldn't resist adding some red for the cushions.... and can happily say that I have now well and truly mastered my fear of the invisible zip!

Until next time.....

3 comments:

  1. You did a great job! Well done. Also congrats on conquering the zipper. They still scare the hell out of me, as do buttonholes I might add.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks great......braver than me.....what a relief they found more fabric

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments...... It's nice to know i'm not just talking to myself!